วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 22 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2555

Are You in CRISIS or Transition?

Crisis: a condition of instability or danger, as in social, economic, political, or international affairs, leading to a decisive change -- a dramatic emotional or circumstantial upheaval in a person's life.

When I was growing up, I remember hearing something about mid-life crisis. One thing in particular I remember is my mom saying to me when we passed a gentleman in his red convertible that that was his "mid-life" crisis car. I actually remember thinking okay, that's what he had to buy to prove himself to the world - to show off. But, in actually maybe he worked really hard providing for his family and the car was his gift to himself for all his years of sacrifice. Nah, it was probably to show off.

Transition Coaching

Please do not get me wrong. I would never want to minimize the seriousness of someone who is struggling right now with the difficulty of mid-life changes. I know for a fact that many people suffer from depression, menopausal circumstances that debilitate them, loss of interest, weight gain, etc. What I want to share is a more subtle enlightenment to this transitional time.

Are You in CRISIS or Transition?

When I read the two definitions above, I would be at an absolute standstill if I focused on the dangers, the dramatic upheaval of a person's life as opposed to passage or movement from one stage, state to another.

OK, so how do we move through this time of change smoothly, successfully, all while staying true to our mind, body and spirit. There are a few ways I'd like to share with you.

Acknowledge that there is indeed a change happen - EMBRACE IT!
Recognize and appreciate that this time of transition is a new opportunity to get things right.
Trust someone to have the "second" talk with you. If you were anything like me, you never had the "first" talk and if you did, maybe it wasn't done very well. Learn from a professional what your bodily, emotional changes are and what to expect. Don't allow others' experiences to tarnish yours.
Drop what you are supposed to do and seize what YOU can and want to do... within reason please!

I guess what I'm really saying is - it's all how you look at it. If you want to be in crisis, then instability and danger will attach itself to you. If you desire a peaceful passage through mid life then the energy you attract will guide you successfully and calmly.

Are You in CRISIS or Transition?

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น