วันจันทร์ที่ 12 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

A Visitation From Two Deceased Loved Ones Let Us Know They Were There To Receive A Dying Pet

When my daughter, Liz, decided to move from Maryland to Arizona, she took the family dog with her. Mac had been a constant companion to Liz during her high school years and beyond. He had offered her comfort through disappointments, losses and change, including the loss of her stepfather who had died three years earlier. There was no question that Liz would take Mac with her to Arizona. He would help her transition to a new life with her boyfriend and to a new college a few months later. She cared for him, taking him for long walks and becoming his caretaker as he grew older.

A few years later, Liz had another huge year of transition. She and her boyfriend decided to split up after 5 years. Liz was in her last year of college and was planning her senior project. She had changed jobs, had an internship filled with challenges and was questioning what her next steps would be after college. One day she called and asked if I would come to spend the week with her. There was so much change and so much loss, she needed me, her mom. I agreed to spend the week with her, weaving our schedules around each other. I was working on a book and could write anywhere. We planned to have many late night talks and explore a wide range of ideas and feelings.

Transition Coaching

Within 24 hours of my arrival, we discovered there was another reason for my being there. We both noticed a change in Mac's health. He appeared disoriented, tired, and stopped eating. He was a golden retriever, age 11 who had a variety of rising health challenges.

A Visitation From Two Deceased Loved Ones Let Us Know They Were There To Receive A Dying Pet

I went to a bookstore to write for a few hours, after Liz scheduled a vet appointment for the next day. As I was leaving the bookstore, I experienced a Spirit visitation. My husband, Hurley, had died 5 years earlier. My son, Cooper, had died 12 years before him. As I walked out of the bookstore, I held the door open for a young family. I saw a little boy wearing a "Hurley" shirt. The mother said to the little boy, "Wait for us, Cooper." It caught my attention. I had never seen or heard both of their names together since they had died. I had a thought that maybe the real reason I was here was to help Mac transition and my husband and son were letting me know they were here to help.

The next day the vet told us Mac was dying. I immediately felt the connection with Hurley and Cooper. I have always believed that loved ones come to welcome the newly deceased and to be there for the dying. I just never thought of them doing that for a beloved family pet.

After two days of exploring a variety of options, Liz made the decision to put Mac to sleep. A group of loved ones surrounded and loved him in this transition. We knew in our hearts the message from Hurley and Cooper was to provide us with comfort. They were there to greet him into the spirit world with open arms.

A Visitation From Two Deceased Loved Ones Let Us Know They Were There To Receive A Dying Pet

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น